Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rules for Life For RJ

Alright RJ, here is my rules for you, that I hope you will follow as you grow up and make your way in this world. It is probably a bit premature at this point, but I will keep reminding you during our late night feedings together.

1) You can be whatever you want to be. There are some limitations. If you could be a fan of all Philly sports, that would be much appreciated. But here are some things you need to avoid being.
    a) Republican, (we will discuss this further when you get older)
    b) a Dallas  Cowboy Fan
    c) a New York Met Fan
    d) A New York Giant Fan
Other sports teams maybe added as we go along, but these are the ones you definately need to avoid. Would add the Yankees on there, but your grandfather was a Yankee fan, so we can talk about that

2) Never let anyone tell you that you can not achieve your dreams and goals.

3) Find your passions, find what you really enjoy and make a career out of it. It is so important to enjoy what you do

4) Never be out hustled, never give less than all you have to give.

5) Don't let negative people bring you down. If someone is negative, walk away, they are not worth your time. Surround yourself with positive energy. The mind is a very powerful thing. Learn how to make it work for you.

6) Take care of yourself. You will live longer than you may think. Don't take after your father with your eating habits, don't get hooked on soda. Eat and drink healthfully. Drink lots of water.

7) Be active. I hope you enjoy playing sports as much as I did when I was younger, If not,
 that is ok, just be active, don't sit around and watch the world go by.

8) I hope you enjoy music as much as I do. Listen to what each insturment is doing, listen to the lyrics. Good songs are also usually poetic.

Alright, I am running out of stuff for now. This is a good foundation to build on.

We are anxiously awaiting your arrival back home. Get strong, stay strong.

2 comments:

  1. Just a side note, I hope you all realize I am only half serious about the Republican comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Randy. Well everything except not being a Giant's fan. I will have to get RJ his first Giant's Jersey when he's older.

    ReplyDelete