Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year

eWelcome to 2011 RJ. You may notice it has been a while since I last posted. So long, even your Mom is asking when I will post again.

Truth is I have been kind of busy, with you. You don't seem to like for me to do anything that has nothing to do with you. Eating, showering, going to the bathroom, you seem to protest most of these. So may taking a few minutes to get some thoughts down about our life together have really been hard to come by.

Hopefully by the beginning of February you will officially be part of our family. Not that you aren't really a part of our family already. Seems hard to imagine what our life would be like without you now. You have brought so much joy to so many people. I never had an idea the people you would touch, by just being here with us. It is really mind boggling.

As I write this, I just finished giving you a bottle and I am listening to you rooch and moan and grunt a little through the monitor. You have become my best friend (next to your mom of course) and one of the most interesting people I know. I always know where I stand with you, I always know exactly how you feel. You can frustrate me one minute, than melt my heart the next. You can make me wanna cry than an instant make me laugh.

Fatherhood has been much more demanding and challenging than I had thought it would be, but I guess just being alive is more challenging and demanding than you could have imagined. Together though, I think we are getting through it alright togehter.

We will live through many more ups and downs together through the coming years. Just know, that I am doing the best I can for you, and doing what I think is best for you at all times.

Lets go over some of your highlights so far. You are rolling over from your tummy to your back, most say ahead of when you should. 6 times in a row in one day. I can see that Irish stubborness coming out in you already. And lets not talk about that Irish temper. When you want food, you want it now, no excuses. You are an amazingly strong little guy for your age, and your head control is pretty impressive. You are starting to smile and you know our voices. You also love music already (thank you) and some of our best times are falling asleep to bed time with the Beatles.

You have started to like your bath time, still not sure about having your face washed but that is getting better. You don't even yell too much when getting changed anymore.

I have to keep reminding myself, everything is brand new to you. It takes some getting used to for you. When you had your first shots (which you did very well) you made such a face when we gave you grape childrens tylenol. We were perplexed but than realized that was your first time tasting grape, of course it was going to seem weird when all you were used to was formula.

Every day through you, I am feeling like I am experiencing everything for the first time over and over again, and that is a pretty cool feeling.

Keep growing RJ, you are a very smart, strong, and determined little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment