Saturday, July 30, 2011

First Vacation

RJ,

In years future you will ask me why I didn't update this more often. I will answer you by saying, when you have a child of your own, you will know. I had many grand illusions about this blog and thought I would have a couple updates every week. As John Lennon once said "life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

So what is new with you. You are going from being a baby boy to a little boy faster than I realized. You are now 9 months and change, you are quite the little ham and a very happy little boy. As stressed as you make me sometime, I don't think we could have asked for a better little boy that what you have been. You are rolling over the place, and already have a nack for getting into what you shouldn't. I call you my geek baby as you are fascinated by wires, computers, remotes. Probably by the time you read this, computers will be obsolete and everything will be on your phone. That is already happening as I write this. You are so close to crawling, but right now your preferred method of travel is to roll, and boy can you roll.

Last week we went on our first family vacation. We went to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. You did very well on the trip, but an hour in, I was having my doubts as you had a meltdown outside of Harrisburg and you had me thinking, maybe this wasn't such a good idea. We stopped for a bit, you calmed down and did so well the rest of the way. We drove through Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and part of North Carolina before stopping for the night.

The next day we got up and we went to visit your cousins near Raleigh. You met Michael, Karen, young Michael and Aisling. You enjoyed spending time there and were so happy. After that we drove for about 3 hours and ended up in Myrtle Beach.

We stayed with the Kentons as they asked us to spend vacation with them. We found out you are a little water baby. You loved the pool and even the ocean. You sat on the edge of the beach with me reaching for the waves as they came ashore. You just loved splashing around. Probably digested some things accidentally you shouldn't have, like salt water, chlorine water from the pool, and I think you even snuck some sand when we were not looking. You loved being with Brittany, Briana, and Kyle as they enjoyed playing with you as well.

On the way home we stoped to see Grammy and Grandpa's friends Larry and Norma. Like everyone, they fell in love with you as you were just as happy as you could be.

We are so lucky to have a baby so happy and tolerant as you. You slept in the car most of the trip and you really don't complain much about anything. I hope you keep that. Not just for my sake (selfishly) but for yours. Life is so much better with a positive attitude......a lesson I learned too late in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment