Friday, December 9, 2011

So Big

Every day seems like something new these days. Every day you learn and do something different. In the last couple days, you have started to take your first steps. Still not quite there yet, but every day brings you ever so close. You are getting braver, able to cruise around the furniture with ease, every now and then letting go before ultimately falling on your butt.
You are laughing more at things we do. You immitate us when we make a sound or a face or a gesture. You clap your hands on demand, you do so big, and when I say "oh no", you put your hands on the side of your head.
You are all boy. You love to wrestle with me on the floor, you love to try to sneak up on me and lunge on me or try to crawl up my back. You don't go around anything, you try to go through, over, or under whichever is called for at the time. Tonight you pulled yourself up on back, I tried to ignore you, and you would have none of that. You kept trying to sneak around to catch my attention, before finally grabbing my face and turning it towards you. I can now say come and see daddy, and you will smile and crawl over towards me.
You want to explore everything, touch everything, know why and how everything happens. You do your best to let everyone know you are around and seem to make everyone smile when you smile.
Believe me when I tell you, fatherhood, and parenthood in general is not easy, it is hard, but moments like the ones I described make it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment