Friday, December 16, 2011

So Close......

RJ,

You are starting to take you first steps, and soon you will be walking. A big deal for you, a bit scary for me. Don't get me wrong, I take a great deal of pride in you with every step you take. It is just amazing how big and smart you are becoming. Soon I will need to be running after you as you run away from me.

You are becoming quite the Mini-me. I took a drink and let out a refreshing "ahhhh" afterwards, that entire day, everytime you saw me take a drink, you echoed that "aaahhhh". Last Sunday we watched the Eagles Dolphins game together. Once the Eagles scored, I held your arms up and said touchdown, now everytime I say touchdown, you mimmick that and hold your hands over your head, just like the ref would.


Tonight, you me and your mom, spent one of those moments, that could never be planned or duplicated ever again. You were fighting us going to sleep, after about an hour, we were laying in bed, I was holding you, your mom was next to me. You looked at me and gave me one of your smiles that could melt the coldest heart, and one of your little ha ha's, I can't help but smile and laugh a little myself. That just encouraged you to laugh more, and before too long the three of us were in hysterics.

You are developing quite the personality. You love people, you know what you want, and are not happy when you do not get your way. All in all, you are such a happy (but a little stubborn) little boy. You are changing so much and learning so much every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment