Saturday, June 16, 2012

My 2nd Fathers Day

Here we are RJ, as you will help my celebrate my 2nd Fathers Day. Our first fathers day, your mom took us to the Reading Phillies game where we got to play catch on the field. Granted there was not much catch going on, and you will probably not have any rememberance of it, other than in the the pictures we took. It was still a special moment for me, being able to have you out with me on a professional baseball field. I remember it was a pretty hot day that day, and I think you fell asleep by the 2nd inning and we probably left by the 5th.
You have changed so much in the last year. Probably the best present you give me now, is your laugh and your smile. You have a smile that could melt the coldest heart.
I do the dumbest things, the most non-sensical things that I can think of, and you laugh like it is the funniest thing you have ever seen in your life. That is the gift you give me, not only on Fathers day, but the whole year round.
I love you my son, you make the most difficult job I have ever had (being a father) so very rewarding, and as frustrated as I get sometimes, your smile and laugh make it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment