Saturday, July 20, 2013

Phillies and Baseball

RJ,

You are growing up to be quite a fan of Phillies and baseball in general. You love to go to the Reading Phillies games, probably more so for the mascots, but you also pay more attention to the game than you do any thing else. I wish we could get you to be as quiet in Church as you do at the Stadium.

I remember going to my first pro game at Veterans Stadium ( a stadium long gone before you born). It was the Phillies vs the Reds. I was about 11 years old in 1982. Mike Krukow took the mound that day vs the Reds. I don't remember much other than they handed out kazoos, and we all played take me out on the ballgame in the 7th inning stretch on kazoos. I remember my dad's disappointment when I said is that the whole stadium (seemed much bigger to me on TV)

It saddens me that you will never get to see a game at the Vet, where I saw my first game, even though CBP is a much better place to watch a game. It saddens me to know that before you really understand baseball, players like Chase Utley, Jimmy Rollins, Ryan Howard, and Cole Hammels will most likely be gone and that you never got the chance to see my childhood idols of Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Garry Maddox, Tug McGraw and Manny Trillo just to name a few.

I hope you continue your love of baseball that you have shown so far. You have a great arm and can hit better than any other 2 year  old I have seen. I look forward to spending many of moments with you involving baseball. If your taste change, then so be it, but I will enjoy the love of baseball you have shown so far as long as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Man driven to suicide by ex wife and divorce courts


    Chris Mackney committed suicide on December 29, 2013 because his ex wife was using the divorce courts in America to torture him and kidnap his children from him. He wrote a 4 page suicide note before killing himself.

    http://www.brainsyntax.com/Portal/Material/1/Lasttestamentofalovingfatherabusedbythefamilycourtsystem.pdf


    LATEST UPDATE: The ex-wife is such a psychopath that is she trying to copyright her ex husband's suicide note, in order to prevent it from being circulated on the internet. She is using her lawyers to threaten legal action against websites that published Chris's suicide letter.

    The website "A Voice for Men" also got a letter from her lawyers and wrote an article about it yesterday:
    http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/family-courts/here-come-the-lawyers-to-avfm-yet-again/

    Here's a couple more updates:

    http://henrymakow.com/2014/04/Ex-Wife-Removes-Husbands-Suicide-Note-from-Internet.html

    http://www.crimesagainstfathers.com/usa/Forums/tabid/362/forumid/261/threadid/9799/scope/posts/Default.aspx

    http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140425/11184127030/ex-wife-allegedly-using-copyright-to-take-down-husbands-suicide-note-where-he-blames-their-custody-battle.shtml

    ReplyDelete